Friday, August 19, 2011

Inspiration, Imagination, Motivation

I'm so looking forward to Fall!  It's my fav season; pumpkins, football and that feeling of cozy comfort mixed with anticipation blowing through the leaves as the holiday season approaches...  here are some things that make me so excited and inspired for the coming months...
Go Seahawks!  I've already made my scrolling slideshow of all-things-Seahawks for my digital picture frame to have on during game days.  I usually work on craft-projects while watching the game with the hubbin.  Sundays are usually (knock on wood, if I'm lucky!) our one chance a week to have a day off together.  I'm thinking this season's project will be making my Christmas Cards by hand. 

Walks in the Fall leaves... even though we have so many Evergreens here.  I love going to the pumpkin patch, corn mazes, parks, etc.  Anywhere I can get it.  Bonus if it smells like apples and fireplace smoke. 

Decorating the house for the holidays... Our front stairs are pretty dark and we worried about the Trick-or-Treaters last year.  I love this bright welcoming porch and want to add some festive lighting for a really neat porch for Halloween this year. 

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate... I actually have never had one.  So many people were posting about them on Facebook last year during Fall/ Winter and I never indulged.  Since I'm already thinking about it in August- I think this is going to be my year!

Celebrating our second wedding anniversary on October 10! 
(This is the first picture we ever took together, back in May 2006!)
We are planning to make the time for a weekend away to celebrate our anniversary this year (even if it's not on our actual anniversary weekend.)  Last year, I worked a 13 hour day and Brian picked me up to get take-out from Anthony's restaurant and we took it back to a downtown hotel.  We soaked in the jaccuizzi tub and enjoyed the evening but I was WIPED OUT.  This year, I will make more time to celebrate and enjoy.  Our marriage is a happy one, but that's not to say we don't work really hard to keep it that way, and it deserves proper credit!

What is your favorite season, and why?

No comments: